In this video of a live session with a volunteer client, Dr. Parnell demonstrates the use of Attachment-Focused EMDR with a woman with a life-long problem with binge eating. This session with a complex clinical presentation shows the use of advanced EMDR skills and knowledge, such as how to take a history of the presenting problem and find the best target, how to prepare the client for EMDR trauma processing of the early experiences linked to the disorder, and the use of resource and imagination interweaves to repair early attachment wounds.
The video demonstrates the use of Attachment-Focused EMDR to repair unmet developmental needs, and the importance of therapist-client attunement.
This video shows:
- How to use EMDR for an eating disorder
- Development and installation of resources, including for the client’s mother
- Use of a nurturing figure to repair early childhood attachment trauma
- Use of the bridging technique to find a target from an urge
- Use of the modified EMDR protocol
- Use of imagination and resource interweaves for the repair of early childhood attachment trauma
- Use of the three-part protocol when working with a dysfunctional behavior
- Clinical summary of the session
Formats available: digital download and DVD
Single digital video download
Length: 94 minutes