In this video of a live session with a volunteer client, Dr. Parnell works with a man who wishes to heal a past relationship trauma that is causing him distress in the present. Triggered by a recent situation that activated a strong emotional response, the client reports that several years previously, he had been emotionally harmed by the actions of a therapist. He wants to be free from the threat of being triggered in future situations.
The video demonstrates the use of Attachment-Focused EMDR, including the importance of the therapeutic relationship and therapist flexibility in adapting to the client’s needs.
This video shows:
- Use of Attachment-Focused EMDR to work with a present-day issue that is linked to experiences from the past
- Development and installation of resources and overcoming roadblocks to developing resources
- What to do if bridging fails to link to an earlier target
- Use of the three-part protocol and modified EMDR protocol
- Session closure and a clinical summary of the session
Formats available: digital download and DVD
Single digital video download
Length: 67 minutes