May 13-18, 2018: Esalen Institute | Big Sur, California
5-Day Residential Retreat
In this workshop for Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) practitioners, you have the opportunity to refresh your technique and review EMDR protocols and procedures, consult on difficult cases, watch demonstrations, and practice EMDR in small supervised groups. Instruction focuses on using EMDR with complex cases, resource development and installation, target development, and cognitive interweaves.
This course is limited to mental health professionals who are licensed to provide treatment. Through lecture, hands-on practice, and demonstrations, participants will learn to:
- Cite protocols and procedures for using EMDR with a wide range of diagnostic categories
- Identify client selection criteria and cautions necessary for safe use of EMDR
- Practice techniques for working with blocked processing and abreactions (catharsis)
- Employ imaginal and cognitive interweaves
- Use EMDR with adults traumatized as children
- Review standard protocol and procedure
- Describe modified protocol and when to use it
- Apply techniques for target development
- Use techniques for resource development and installation
- Practice the advanced use of interweaves
- Work more effectively with complex cases
This course has been approved by the EMDR International Association (EMDRIA). In accordance with EMDRIA standards, participants wishing to complete the requirements for EMDR Basic Training must, before enrolling in this course, have completed Parnell Institute’s EMDR Basic Training Parts 1 & 2, and have received ten hours of consultation from an EMDRIA-approved recommended consultant from the Parnell Institute faculty. You will be required to submit documentation of having completed these requirements before attending.
Participants who have completed EMDR Basic Training elsewhere are welcome to enroll in this course for advanced training and as a refresher.
Required reading: Parnell, L., A Therapist’s Guide to EMDR: Tools and Techniques for Successful Treatment and Parnell, L., Tapping In: A Step-by-Step Guide to Activating Your Healing Resources Through Bilateral Stimulation.
Recommended reading: Parnell, L., Attachment-Focused EMDR: Healing Relational Trauma.
26 CE credits for psychologists, MFTs, LCSWs, and nurses are included in the tuition.
Tuition: $750 USD
Materials fee: $25 USD
Please note the following before registering:
1. By registering for a training, you acknowledge your understanding that you will be asked to serve as a client in the service of everyone’s learning. You agree that you are psychologically stable enough to take on a client role in this setting, and that you will do what is needed to take care of yourself if any discomfort arises as a result.
2. Accommodations and facilities at Esalen must be paid for separately after registering for the training. All attendees of this program must pay an accommodations/facilities fee to Esalen, even if staying off-site. For details and costs, see Esalen Partner Program Pricing.
3. To register for this training, you must have an active license, certification, or the equivalent, to practice as a mental health professional per the guidelines of your state, province, or country. Interns are not eligible to participate. After completing your registration on this page, you will be asked to submit licensure documentation. Once licensure documentation is approved, you will be given a password to secure your Esalen accommodations.
Your registration fee for this program minus a $100 processing fee is refundable up to 30 days before the program begins. If you must cancel after that, no refunds are available, but you may send a qualified colleague in your place. This policy applies only to tuition; please contact Esalen for their refund policy for accommodations/facilities fees.